Thursday, March 8, 2012

Making It Count


 Imagine a long, trailing rope. Going on and on and on in length for miles and miles. Now imagine a tiny part, the very beginning of it, covered in red.

The rope represents eternity. The red section represents our time on earth. For some people it's a few short years, for others it may be 80 or even 90. In perspective, it is only a blink. A breath.

Your eyes did see my substance, being yet unformed; and in your book they were all written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them. Psalm 136:16

It is what we do during our limited time here, in the red, that counts. The choices we make. The words we say. The smiles we smile. The hugs we give. The diapers we change. The poor we feed. The dying we bless. The broken that we lead to Jesus' feet. The meals we make. The children we encourage. The least of these that we serve. Yes, it is in the repetitve, daily menial tasks that we can choose to redeem the blessing of this moment into a beautiful offering of sacrifice to our Savior.


When we offer our lives, our bodies, our moments, our days, He skillfully designs a masterpiece that echos into eternity. Lives touched as we abide, worship, serve and love that rings with a resounding chorus of glory and honor to God.

God moves through us. Jesus' hands are our hands. He touches the lost through our touch. His voice is our voice, He speaks to the hurting and broken through our voices. He acts when we respond to His Spirit. He chooses to restrain His outpour until we surrender our agenda, trading it for His. I ache when I think of the opportunites I've wasted, yet am filled with hope when I remember that my God is a God of second chances, third chances, and inumerable chances. He doesn't dwell on my past failures, and He also commands me not to.
"Do not call to mind the former things, Or ponder things of the past" (Isaiah 43:18).
Isaiah 44:22 "I have wiped out your transgressions like a thick cloud, and your sins like a heavy mist. Return to Me, for I have redeemed you."


So teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. Psalm 90:12

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for your comment :) I would love that too. Email me anytime at arianafelix[at]rocketmail.com

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,needed to be reminded of this today with all thats been going on around the community here lately!
    Thanks so much for taking time to write this. It was just what I needed!

    Hey, are still in the area? Karlee said you were here with Eleya. I would love to see you!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Adria!

    Thank you so much for the lovely comment you left on my blog! :) That was a happy grace indeed! I read your blog and I am looking forward to more posts about Africa! The country has always intrigued me, but I'm afraid I don't know much. My eyes have been opened to much of it this past month.

    Thank you again!
    Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!

    What a great blog you have and I love what you do! I'm a believer, too!

    Have a beautiful day!

    Kristin xo

    ReplyDelete